Mamavation™ is an obesity prevention campaign for families. We believe in “Mom” taking the responsibility as head health honcho in the household and rolemodeling healthy behaviors for the entire family. Each member of the Mamavation community understands that “Mom” is the gatekeeper, catalyst and cornerstone of the family. Through her, all things can be accomplished with patience, dedication and perseverance.
Mamavation is a two part program:
(1) Mamavation Sistahood™, the first virtual sorority in social media history. The Mamavation community creates weekly “Mamavation Monday” posts on their own blog, engages during the Mamavation TV live online chat show on Mondays, tweets with the #mamavation hashtag on Twitter, visits the Mamavation forums, and hangs out in the private Mamavation Facebook group.
(2) Mamavation Mom Boot Camp, a 7-week healthy living boot camp lived out in social media “Reality TV” style. Two moms go through a healthy living crash course with their own dietitian, trainer, mentors & supportive community to help them along the way. Each participant goes through an application process, hazing and voting. Thus far, Mamavation Moms have lost over 460 lbs. in the campaign.
Basic Facts about Mamavation:
(1) The Mamavation brand is one of the most recognizable brands among digital moms in social media. Established in 2009, it has a reputation for helping families grow healthier and encouraging moms to get more activity and learn the basics of good nutrition.
(2) The #Mamavation hashtag has been used over 180,000 times on twitter since 2009
(3) The Mamavation campaign has overseen women lose over 1,500 lbs.
(4) The Mamavation community welcomes moms from both the United States and Canada.
(5) Mamavation™, Sistahood™, and Virtual Sorority™ are all trademarks of Bookieboo LLC.
To join the Mamavation Sistahood click here for more information.
If you would like more information on how your brand can work with Mamavation, fill out this form.